Today Opticom launches the first comprehensive report about the market situation following the re-regulation of the Swedish pharmacy market. The report is based on results from in-depth interviews with leading executives at pharmacy companies, a survey among representatives for the pharmaceutical industry as well as an analysis of published market research about customers’ satisfaction with pharmacies.
Some of the conclusions from this report:
• Both pharmaceutical companies as well as pharmacies want to develop their cooperation, but few have taken direct initiatives to do so
• More than 300 new pharmacies have opened, but still there is criticism against the fact that the availability of certain products has deteriorated
• The re-regulation has not lead to lower prices yet
• The Swedish state needs to reconsider its role in relation to this market – The role of Apoteket AB is questioned by other players
• Future: Consolidation and increased differentiation. The pharmacy companies have a great, strategic opportunity in clearer positioning
Read more about this report in the full news release (in Swedish):
News Release – Första heltäckande rapporten om apoteksmarknaden
For more information, please contact:
Marijn van der Sluijs, Project Manager or
Jacob Ahlsson, Project Manager
at +46 8 50 30 90 00 or [firstname]@opticom.se.